Tuesday 4 October 2016

LFW


So now that we're finally in October I think we can finally begrudgingly admit that summer is over!! I always have a mixture of emotions when the end of summer comes  because, on the one hand, I get to layer up and where massive sweaters and fur coats and be cozy. But on the other hand it's always dark, cold and wet and wearing nice clothes and looking presentable is the last thing that I want to think about. 

But anyway for now it's not too cold so I'm mostly excited for Autumn/Winter season. So this post is all about the trends of the AW16 season. We recently attended London Fashion Weekend for the first time-we're not quite prestige enough for London Fashion Week. I think it was a good experience and I think if you like shopping for designer items it's the perfect place for you. But as you guys know I'm more into charity shops than designer boutiques so for me the most enjoyable bit was the trend catwalk. 

The show itself was quite short but I did love the pieces featured and fashion shows are always exciting for me. There were 3 trends that the catwalk showcased and they were 'velvet affair', 'winter florals' and 'New Look Lace'. In the next couple posts we're gonna go into these trends in depth. But for now we're just gonna tell you about the trends that we really liked. 

Tarina- My favorite trend was the winter florals. I generally hate floral fabrics because they're too feminine and bright for me but this A/W trend pairs florals with a much darker undertone than usual and I love it! 

Thanai- My favorite trend was 'A Velvet Affair'. I'm in love with the textures and versatility of the fabric. It goes with almost anything and gives quite a grungy but sleek look that you can dress up or down.


The outfits we wore...

         



Outfit Details
Jacket: Vintage
Dress: Boohoo
Boots: Ego
Choker: Asos
Earrings: Asos





Outfit Details
Jacket: East End Thrift Store
Dress: Missguided
Boots: Public Desire
Earrings: Asos
Bag: Charity Shop










No comments:

Post a Comment