Thursday 28 August 2014

Makeup of the Day

Hey guys!
So I have had a lot of requests on how I do my makeup and thought why not do a beauty blog post?!
Here's a step by step:

1. I like to start off with my eyes first and I love to make them stand out the most so I always use a white eyeliner to line my waterline. There's something about the white that just reflects into my pupils and makes my eye colour stand out a lot more. The eyeliner I used was Rimmel London Soft Kohl kajal eye liner pencil. 

I also used the L'OrĂ©al Paris block buster eyeliner to achieve the winged look. It's absolutely amazing,  just like using a felt tip as I hate the faffing about with a brush and pot.


2. I then moved onto my ...lashes! Now I have pretty short lashes (don't ask) so my favourite lashes to use is are Ardell Demi Wispies which give me a really natural look. I know some people find it extremely hard to put lashes on sometimes so I use Bourjois' special eyelash tweezers which are easy as cake. And of course you can't go wrong without Eylure lash fix adhesive..Once I use it and never have to use again as it lasts all day..magic glue! You can find this in Superdrug as well as a pair of eyelash curlers to blend and shape with your natural lashes.


3. I blend my lashes further with Rimmel London scandal eyes mascara. 

Eyebrows...eek! I've only just discovered this routine and I must say it's the best! I first prepare my eyebrows with Maybelline New York Brow Drama sculpting brow mascara in dark brown from Superdrug which just sets it in place then I use a spooly to sculpt it a little more. I then use Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz which you can get from an online company Cult Beauty. I use it to draw the outline of my brows.

4. I get an angled brush and Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow which is like eyeliner bit for eyebrows ;) to fill in the gaps. The great thing about this product is you don't need a lot. You can also get this from Cult Beauty online. I then use my sleek foundation in coco bean to highlight and neaten up any imperfections.

5. Now I don't tend to wear foundation at all really but just for the circumstances of cleaning up and enhancing my appearance..I did it for you guys! I've been told I have a great complexion and skin hehe! Moving on slyly, I use my sleek au naturel 601 eyeshadow palette to contour my chubby cheeks and I mix the bottom right corner two colours and what you see on my hand is the two mixed. I got this lovely palette from Superdrug.  OMG I love superdrug right? 

5. I use my contour brush from Revlon which I got from my house Superdrug :p and after I tend to blend with my fingers just because the colour is quite dark and a brush just won't do. I rarely find blushes that make my cheeks pop until I found Max Factor Miracle Touch Cream Blush..It really is a miracle! I love the fact it is creamy as I can rub it in and make it as subtle as I want. It's a beatiful mess!

I take my sleek palette again and apply the shimmery colour on top of my white eyeliner on my waterline. 

Next is lips! Lime Crime Chinchilla is my life! Lovely creamy texture and I got this from Cocktail Cosmetics online which sent me the package in such pretty artwork! You would of thought I bought something designer instead of lipstick! 


6. So I started with the chinchilla as a base and I was indecisive on whether to use sleek true colour lipstick in smother 797 or Rimmel London lasting finish by Kate Moss rosetto 04.

I went with sleek as kate moss' is a little darker purple.  I used the sleek like a lip liner and the pic above is how I lined it using the pointy bit of the lipstick. 

...& VOILA!

Hope you guys like it and have a look at how I finished this look in the next post! 

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh your skin is actually flawless. whats your secret girl! hook a sister up lool xoxo

    greenwithemeralds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I literally do nothing, my face is lucky enough to be exfoliated once in a while lol x

      Delete