Wednesday 29 October 2014

Natural Loves...


As well as my skin journey....I have decided to go natural for a while (probably a day) and I won't get into the touchy subject of how some guys and older generations are disgusted that someone could wear hair that is not theirs.

My simple reply is - "If I bought it, it is mine" ;)

Jokes or not aside, I love my natural hair but having a busy schedule like mine requires a lot of time and effort on my part and unless I consistently want and head full of heat damaged hair to maintain until it falls out, having a weave gives me a somewhat of a carefree alternative.

That carefree alternative being I can singe, bleach, melt, blow up, drown and resuscitate the hair until there is none left of it and still blissfully return to my natural roots, guilt free!

If that doesn't put an end to a debate, I don't know what will..

Moving on, I took a trip to the local black hair shop and yes, I kept the price tags on for authenticity :p. 

Since I dyed my hair last December, I have been neglecting my hair and not moisturising it until a month ago when I visited my local hair salon for the Arosci IRS treatment which is like a Brazilian Blow Dry but has a lot more protein in it. The process was very lengthy however, my hair felt lovely afterwards and it requires a lot of upkeep. It lasts for 3 months and I  will be posting once completed with a length check. 

This week my hair has lost its moisture again and not only that, it has had a lot of product build up so it was definitely time for a wash and deep treatment which I plan to do every 2 weeks. 





 Since my hair has had the Arosci treatment, I was told not to use shampoos with sulfate in it as it will remove the product from my hair therefore reducing the longevity of the straightness and since I love the Creme of Nature Argan Oil range, I opted for the sulfate free shampoo which didn't feel stripping or left my hair dry at all. After usage, my hair felt clean and refreshed with the little bit of moisture it did have left.


As you can see above, my curl texture is very curly and that is due to the Arosci treatment once again as it defines your curls. I do have heat damaged ends at the top of my head ( you can see the long straight line of hair) where I have my leave out for weaves which I will be constantly trimming. 

I wanted a Deep Treatment Masque that didn't have a lot of protein in it as too much protein overload can hinder more than help your hair and I also wanted something with argan oil as it does wonders to my hair. Shea Moisture definitely came to the rescue! I expected a really sweet smelling product however the smell was pretty mild and the texture was thick enough to lather. I didn't need a lot to put in my hair and it did not require a lot of heat. I left it on for 7 minutes and after the wash I could definitely feel a difference in my hair texture and it was easy to detangle. 



Every girl/boy should have argan oil to replenish their curls! It is a lightweight product which you don't need a lot of and it smells amazing. I use it most on the ends of my hair which is most dry.

You can even use it along with your favourite treatment and go under a dryer for a couple minutes and will see a great difference.


Mizani is expensive and a lot of European hair salons stock it for Afro - Caribbean hair such as Rush. I wanted to see what the fuss was all about for myself and I can definitely say this product is a lifesaver for blow drying and straightening your locks. You only need a small amount.

Oh how I could not live without my Denman Do Double Hairbrush Pure Bristle Ceramic from Amazon (£10) , this brush is amazing! If you found blowdrying and straightening your hair hard...think again! It has panels for heat to get in to straighten hair more effectively. The only con is that if your hair isn't properly detangled, it can pull and cause a lot of unnecessary friction so please comb your hair first and do it in sections! 

Hey presto! One of the good things about the Arosci treatment is that no matter how many times you wash your hair, as long as the product is still in, it is easier and quicker to straighten your hair with minimal heat. I finished off my hair by adding Creme of Nature Oil Moisturizer and wrapping my head with a scarf before bed.


So how do I style my hair?

 Creme of Nature is soo good to me that I first Moisturize my hair with the argan oil as any gel or edge control can be drying and cause a lot of build up.

I then use the edge control on my edges as they cause me the most trouble!


I then use a slick brush (who remembers those from back in the day, slicing them baby hairs back?!) to brush down any stray unruly hairs.


Laid or nah?


I then scrape my hair into a ponytail.


Now this is the tricky part as my hair is too short to go over a doughnut, I make my own out of my hair! So I fold my hair over towards the hairband then I get another hairband and secure it over. Kinda like rolling a sock!

I then add the hurrr spray!
L'Oréal Elnett hairspray is life! Never use too much though as it makes you hair harden as it has very good hold.


I then tie my hair down tightly with a head scarf, have my shower, get ready and bam!

I call it the world's smallest messy bun ;)

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan of this style! Your tutorial is detailed enough for me to follow. I think I'll try it as soon I take down these cornrows. Happy Tuesday :)

    http://www.lovecompassionatelee.com/

    ReplyDelete